PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING:
As of 2/27/2023 - Estimated lead times are currently at 5-7 months or less. Please be advised lead times are subject to change depending on parts availability.
***PLEASE NOTE: This firearm is not eligible to ship to CA, MA, NJ, NY, or CT. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWING YOUR STATE LAWS. Any firearms purchased online that are not eligible to ship to a restricted state will be voided and will be classified as a refused order. Please refer to our Returns/Cancellation Policy for further details. ***
Cart price reflects a 50% deposit due at purchase with the remaining balance due upon completion of the rifle.
Welcome the newest member of the Rifle Dynamics family. The Quickhatch fills the specialized role of PDW (Personal Defense Weapon) in our line up. Taking inspiration from the original AK PDW, the AKSU, we wanted to build something similar in size but also taking advantage of modern gear and accessories in mind.
To build on our modernized Krinkov concept we start with a nitrided 9in barrel threaded in 1/2x28 for use with suppressor mount muzzle devices. We wanted the Quickhatch to be able to run a suppressor and still be well balanced and compact. With a Sandman K we are about 2mm longer than a RD704 with a Dead Air 3 port brake. We also updated the gas port location with a custom piston to increase the dwell time and to keep the system under pressure longer. Compared to a Krink we have more than twice the barrel length after the gas port. This means that the system does not have to be over gassed to run with and without a can. For even more fine tuning we have also incorporated our tunable gas block in a new low profile design.
To take advantage of the new gas system and the need to add accessories such as red dot, white lights, and IR devices we worked with Occam Defense Solutions to collaborate on a new rail for this project. The rail features three M-LOK slots at the three and nine o’clock position and two and half slots on the bottom of the rail. We also have half slots that are compatible with M-LOK just above the three and nine o’clock slots, at the four/five and six/seven o’clock positions. Another change over the traditional merc rail is a slight decrease in the picatinny section on the rear for easy installation and removal of the dust cover.
To complete the PDW we have installed our 1913 rear trunnion. This gives you the most options for how to run your pistol or sbr. With a folding arm brace the Quickhatch easily fits into bags and into your vehicle. Making it a short compact package that packs a 7.62x39 punch like the animal it is named after.
- Color of Your Choice
- Caliber: 7.62x39
- Weight: 6lbs 10.1 oz ( with folding arm brace and no mag)
- Length: SBA3 Collapsed (27 1/8th inches), SBA3 Extended (29 3/4th inches), Folded (21 inches), With no 1913 Adapter (20 inches)
- Rifle Dynamics Tunable Low Profile Gas Block
- Nitrided 9in Barrel with 1/2x28 tpi.
- RD Flash Hider or Select Suppressor Compatible Device ( Gun Will Be Suppressor Tuned and Aligned)
- Tuned Action - Rails, Bolt, Carrier & Trigger Group
- RD and Occam Defense Collaborative Handguard
- Picatinny Rear Trunnion
- Midwest Industries Folding Buffer Tube Adapter with Storage
- SB Tactical SBA3 Arm Brace
- Tango Down Grip
- Custom Tuned LBE Unlimited G3 Trigger
- One 30rd magazine included
- Rifles come shipped in their own Rifle Case w/RD Logo or try our Upgraded Soft Case.
*Additional shipping cost will apply to customers in Alaska and Hawaii