The ODS PH-2 is inspired by the variable diopter sights, common on AR style rifles.
The front sight post on the PH-2's is stock AR-15, enabling the use of aftermarket tritium sights. We'll be selling a couple of different sight post heights for those wishing to zero at extreme distances (either extremely close or far), but the default height should work fine for ODS-1775 users desiring to zero between 50 and 200 meters.
The rear peep has windage adjustment and 3 diopters (aperture sizes), plus a battle notch that range from CQB to 100 meters and beyond.
A hidden feature of peep sights is that the rear aperture doubles as a pinhole camera. This has the effect of magnifying and focusing objects at distance, as if you were using a magnifier. This is the same effect that is used by folks with poor vision when they make a tiny hole in their fist to see through.
The rear sight aperture is 0.655" from the top of the pic rail.
The peeps are 1913 / NATO compatible. They cowitness at 50% with an Aimpoint Micro (or clone) on an ARMS #31 mount. A Trijicon MRO on a Midwest Industries cantilever mount will cowitness lower 1/3 with the PH-2.
The ODS PH-2s are mainly machined by OCCAM DEFENSE in North Idaho. The body is 6061 Aluminum with a true Mil-Spec 1913 blasted and hardcoat anodization. The steel parts will be either nitrided or parkerized. All parts are made in 'Merica, making this a 100% US made product!
- Material: 6061 Aluminum
- Finish: Black Anodized
- Weight: 2 oz (Individually) 4 oz (Front and Rear Set)
- 3 Aperture sizes & 1 half ring notch for CQB
- Compatible with aftermarket AR15 front sight posts
- Serrated back face
- Adjustable for Windage and Elevation
- 1913 / Picatinny Rail mounted
- Can co-witness with low mount Aimpoint Micro and Trijicon MRO red dots
- Includes front sight elevation adjustment tool
- Made in the USA by our friends at Occam Defense in North Idaho