After almost three years, our custom safety stud mod is available standalone in a DIY kit. The 6061 T6 Aluminum stud features a black anodized finish, beveled edges to prevent snagging and uncomfortable pressure points, and is just wide enough to actuate with your index finger without getting in the way.
Always verify your firearm is in a safe condition and you are wearing proper PPE before starting any modifications. Please note this is a semi-permanent modification to your firearm. While this mod can be performed by the end user, we do recommend gunsmith installation.
- Material: 6061 T6 Aluminum
- Finish: Black Anodize
- DIY Kit includes:
- RD Safety Stud
- Backing Screw
- Cobalt Steel bit (.116 / 32 Gauge)
- Allen Wrench
- Thread Locker
- Installation Template
- Place Installation template on top of your AK safety with the circular cutout placed over the safety selector Rivet/Washer.
- Align top and bottom edge of template with the edges of the safety (KP/KR9 will only align properly with the bottom)
- Select any position within the slot window and mark the position (we suggest a silver marker). This location is subjective and based on your desired ergonomics.
- Drill through the marked position using the provided drill bit. (Making an indent with a punch before drilling helps a lot)
- Apply threadlocker on backing scew and place it through the hole with the threads sticking out the right side of the safety.
- Start threading on Safety Stud. Then while holding the stud in one hand, tighten down the provided allen wrench with the other.