The Rifle Dynamics Extended Tunable Gas Block is ideal for installing on already manufactured rifles where both the gas port and gas block pin holes have been drilled. The extension of the gas block will cover the original port and pin holes making it both quicker for installation and result in a cleaner front end without the fuss of welding up any holes.
The RD Tunable block combines the front sight and gas block into one unit, which will make for a faster handling rifle by moving the weight back to improve the overall balance of your AK.
The Tunable FS/GB (front sight/gas block) features an adjustment screw on the front face of the block to either open or close off gas. The front sight mechanically adjusts the same as a traditional/standard AK front sight. The drum adjusts windage left and right, and the post screws up and down for elevation. *Includes AK sight tool but most sight tools will work with our block.
- Works with both 45° and 90° gas ports
- The ID of the sight is .597 and clamps in place in the existing gas block location. Acceptable journal range for gas block is .590-.599.
- The sight comes in a black oxide finish
- Drum and post included already installed
- Comes with AK Sight Tool
- Gunsmith installation is not required, but highly recommended
- 9/64 allen wrench needed for clamping screws (Not included - We highly recommend using a tool such as Wheeler inch torque wrench and the use of thread locker to prevent the screws from backing out under fire)
- 1/8th allen wrench needed for gas set screw
- Pinch screw torque 25in - 50in lbs (Due to varying spec of AK barrels)
- Weighs 4.8oz
***Our gas blocks will work with most AKM/AK74 patterned rifles with the acceptable journal range listed above. For all Serbian/Yugoslavian, Chinese, Vepr, or other larger size barrels it will require a professional gunsmith for installation.***
For RD builds we will traditionally do a rough zero at 25yds with the rear sight set at the 100 mark. This should get you on paper at 100yds. At that point adjust your elevation for a 100 or 200yd zero and print groups from 25yds to 300yds to know your drop.
We suggest a 100yd zero for 7.62x39 AKs and a 200yd zero for 5.45x39 & 5.56x45. We've founds that these distances provide the best groups for combat effective accuracy at different distances out to 300yds+ before needing to "hold over" or combat effective hits.